Sunday, June 3, 2012

Fat Rat Cat


It isn’t every day that you will get to read a poem about a rat. Yes, you read that correctly, the rodent . . . . . a rat!


I wrote this poem awhile back for fellow blogger and photographer. Littlebangtheory.  He gets credit for the photo. I must say, that’s the biggest rat I’ve ever seen!


Here rests the lifeless remains of one dead rat
Dispatched in the heat of battle by Mister Cat

What to do with the body is not a problem at all
He’ll have it stuffed and hung on his wall

“It’s all in my day’s work,” said the proud feline
“A rodent-free pad, that’s the goal of mine”

“Let’s get one thing straight from the start
This big, mean tom-cat is fast and he’s smart”

“Hey, you don’t believe the words I say?
Step up to bat, you dirty rat. Make my day!”

                                                           Poem by Herm Meyer


STUFF:

Since I started this blog, I’ve been posting a poem each week. Guess what……I’ve run out of inventory and I can’t seem to write a quality poem every week. I’m not sure when my next poem will be ready to post. I do have a new poem in process but…… sometimes they come easy; sometimes they take a while.

It’s summer in my part of the world and I spend lots of time in the tall pines at Flagstaff, AZ. It sure is hard to sit in front of the computer writing when it’s so nice outside, Ha!

Please check the Blog Archive (Right side of the screen) for poems that you might not have read. There is a wide variety of original poems on various subjects.



No comments:

Post a Comment