Friday, August 31, 2012

Walk With Me


As a mature person who recently turned 82 years old, I felt it would be nice to write a poem about aging. You know the type: the sliding down the banister of life or traveled many roads, some of which weren’t even paved, kind of heart-wrenching poetic story.

However, before I started my writing, I heard the following poem that chronicled my thoughts probably better than I could have put them into words myself.

I hope this poem has the same effect on you as it did on me. Reflect on aging. Savor the picture. Walk with me by the water. It’s worth the read. . . . .
                                   
A BEAUTIFUL POEM ABOUT GROWING OLDER:

 
 
Shoot........
 
I forgot the words!
.
.
.
Stuff:
 
A thought for the day: Those who feel that the little things in our world don’t matter have probably never had to sleep in a bedroom with a mosquito.
 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Herm & Sharron,

    I have been thinking about you alot lately and tried to find your email in my file, couldn't find - so I am sending you a note here. I just want you to know how special I think you are and how happy that you have touched my life through my daughter Kristi.

    I love your poems Herm - I should tell you this every day as you are so special when it comes to the thoughts your spirit and mind produce. I think it's about time you put them all together for a book that we can all keep by our bedside. I'm sure Kristi could be of some help, even if she would just introduce to the wonderful young lady that helped her with Blossoming in Provence....then you could just put it up on Amazon WHERE IT BELONGS.

    My email is: julesinprovence@gmail.com

    Please send me your email for my address file - I didn't like not having you at my fingertips this morning when I wanted to tell you and Sharron how much I love you and appreciate your touching my life.

    XOXO

    JULES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sense of humor - well done!

    ReplyDelete